The India China Working Papers Series represents the latest research and ideas on the two countries, their interactions, and the impact of their relations at both regional and global levels.
Multidisciplinary in character, the series features recent work by academic and non-academic researchers from around the world, some of whom are connected to the India China Institute (ICI) as fellows, or as previous or future participants in conferences and workshops.
The aim of the series is to provide a single site for the accumulation and rapid dissemination of research on India and China to a global community of scholars and practitioners, as well as a platform to share ideas and foster debate. Dissemination of working papers in the series will be no bar to the papers’ subsequent formal publication elsewhere.
The papers are reviewed by an editorial advisory board consisting of leading scholars and experts from a wide range of disciplines from around the world.
To submit a manuscript to be reviewed for inclusion in the series click here.
Current Working Papers
- Milind Murugkar and Xu Zhiyong, “Right to Information Act and China’s Open Government Information Regulations”
- Prem Shankar Jha, “Will the State Survive?“
- Neera Chandhoke, “Compound Inequalities and Political Violence in India”
- Lopamudra Banerjee, Ashwini Deshpande, Yan Ming, Sanjay Ruparelia, Vamsi Vakulabharanam, Wei Zhong, “Growth, Reforms and Inequality: Comparing India and China”
- Wei Zhong, Vamsi Vakulabharanam, Sanjay Ruparelia, Yan Ming, Ashwini Deshpande, Lopamudra Banerjee, “Wealth Inequality: China and India”
ICI Fellows: Social Innovation for Sustainable Environments Cohorts (2010-2013)
- Jayantha Bandyopadhyay, “Sustaining the Himalayan Rivers…”
- Sanjay Chaturvedi, “Marginalized Coastal Communities and Struggles for Social Innovation in India and China…”
- Victoria Marshall, “Megadelta Interactions”
- Nidhi Srinivas, “Social Innovation: What is it? And Does it Matter? – Cases from India and ChinaEmerging Scholars Papers 2013″
Emerging Scholars Papers 2013
Emerging Scholars Papers 2012
- Yang Xiaoping, “The Security Architecture of South Asia: Problems and Prospects“
- Tang Xiaoyang, “Comparing Technological Innovation of Textile Industries in India and China“
- Li Lairu, “The Role of Law in Social Development:An Analysis of Legislations of China and India“
- Elmie Konwar Rengma, “Soft Power Game: A Study of China, India and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Tripartite“
- Chris Eberhardt, “Figuring Out Responsibility: Making Sense of Climate Change in China“
- Ka-Kin Cheuk, “Indians in the Chinese Textile City: Middleman Traders in Upgrading Economy“
- Anil Kumar, “Rising India through China’s Eye“
- Mitchell Cook, “The Entrepreneurial Local State in India and China: Past Trends and Future Prospects“